Re: Borrowing melodies for liturgy

In a message dated 01/12/1999 5:33:25 AM Central Standard Time,
yoel (at) netvision(dot)net(dot)il writes:

<< I once heard a Haredi rabbi at an orthodox wedding sing one of the seven
Blessings (sheva Brachot) to the tune of Wagner's wedding march.  I thought
about going to him and telling him where the melody came from, but decided
against it.  After all, I was the only one at the wedding who knew where the
tune came from, and I didn't care.  My guess is that, had I told him, he would
have said that I was wrong, that it was an old traditional melody.

So THAT'S where Wagner stole it from!

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->