From:   parentheses [SMTP:Sara(dot)Marcus (at) oberlin(dot)edu]
Sent:   Tuesday, January 05, 1999 9:46 PM
To:     World music from a Jewish slant.
Subject:        fusion music (was Modzitz)

.....I'm personally thrilled with the fusions that are going on between klezmer
and other musical forms.  The work Dave Tarras did in the 40s with the
"new Jewish swing" is being continued today by the bluegrass excursions of
Cayuga Klezmer Revival, the astounding punk rock virtuosity of Kletka Red,
and the sustained dissonances of David Krakauer's latest works - the likes
of which I was excited and gratified to witness at the Lower East Side's
Tonic last Sunday.  (Were any other listmembers there? It was so awesome,
and Naftule Brandwein's granddaughter was in attendance!).....

<<application/ms-tnef>>

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->