Re: Promoting to Jewish Radio

Moshe,

        I just thought I would let you know that the email you have for me no
longer works - I still (probably) have the show (we're between
semesters right now, so the new schedule is yet to come out) but I'm
negotiating for a new show elsewhere in the country (a bigger station,
hopefully). The new email address is either this one, or asuskin (at) uj(dot)edu
The old address is good for now, but will probably change when the
show does.

Alana Suskin

---Moshe Denburg <denburg (at) direct(dot)ca> wrote:

> There has been some discussion as of late regarding Jewish Music
online, and
> in this spirit I'd like to share with everyone, especially the
artists on
> the list who wish to promote their music, my list of Jewish Radio
programs.
> Some of the citations may be out of date, so if anyone gets an
update please
> send it along.
>
> I have also listed Radio shows that have a Folk and Worldbeat
interest -
> this would generally include the various Jewish musics.
>
> Some free advice: If you are an artist promoting your music, do not
just
> mail your stuff - get in touch by phone the first time, and introduce
> yourself personally. This will in almost all cases work well since
we're not
> dealing with 'big-time' programmers that are hard to reach.
> Folk/Worldbeat/Jewish Radio programmers are only too happy to
receive free
> air-play copies.
>
> The first contact is also important for letting the programmer know to
> expect your recording in the mail. As well, it is a good idea to
call back
> after a few weeks to ascertain their receipt of the recording, and
whether
> the programmer has found it useful for his/her show.
>
> I hope this helps out.
>
> - Moshe Denburg
> -----------------------------------
> _Jewish Radio_
>
> United States:
>
> Attention: Jim Gilkeson, Host
> "Klezmer Madness"
> KAW FM 88.9
> P.O. Box 994
> Lawrence, KS
> 66044
> Tues. 6 - 7pm
> E-mail:  74543(dot)2316 (at) compuserve(dot)com
>

> Attention: Mark David
> c/o The Yiddish Voice
> WUNR 1600 AM  Brookline
> 160 N. Washington Street
> Boston, MA
> 02113
> email: mhd (at) world(dot)std(dot)com
>

> Attention: Mike Eisenstadt
> 'The Sunday Simcha'
> WMNF 88.5 FM
> 1210 E. Martin Luther King Blvd.
> Tampa, Florida
> 33603
> Tel. 813-968-7108
> Email: klezmer313 (at) aol(dot)com
>

> Attention: Jack & Reva Falk
> Portland Jewish Radio
> P.O. Box 3151
> Portland, OR
> 97208
> Tel. 503-452-3882  Fax 452-7652
>
> Attention: Bernie Finkel
> WONX - "The Jewish Hour"
> 2100 Lee Street
> Evanston, Illinois
> 60202
> tel.708-475-1590
>
> Attention: Jacob Freedman, Host/Producer
> [...]
=== message truncated ===

==

Alana Suskin
Ms.Cat