Re: Klezmer Bluegrass Fusion

The first I ever heard of Andy Statman was in a Stereo Review review
(now deep in my files) of his first LP Flatbush Waltz (appeared in
1981) of bluegrass mandolin.  In fact, I believe that sending him a
photo-copy of the review (complete with a picture of Andy and
mandolin) must have helped persuade him to play at our wedding.

Here's a list of recorded non-klezmer (all?) Andy Statman appearances
(from All-Music Guide):
1972 Bromberg, David Demon in Disguise  Mandolin, Saxophone
1973 Sahm, Doug Doug Sahm & the Band  Mandolin
1973 Country Cooking Barrel of Fun  Mandolin
1973 Okeefe, Danny Breezy Stories  Mandolin
1974 Bromberg, David Wanted Dead or Alive  Mandolin, Saxophone  1976
Breakfast Special Breakfast Special  Mandolin, Saxophone, Vocals
1977 Clements, Vassar Bluegrass Sessions  Mandolin
1981 Rowan, Chris and Lorin Peter Rowan & the Wild Stallions
Mandolin, Saxophone
1981 Rowan, Peter Walls of Time  Mandolin
1983 Greene, Richard Somebody's Ganna Love You  Mandolin
1983 Barenberg, Russ Behind the Melodies
1983 Trischka, Tony Robot Plane Flies over Arkansas  Mandolin
1984 Rowan, Peter Red Hot Pickers  Mandolin
1985 New Acoustic Music New Acoustic Music  Mandolin
1987 Barenberg, Russ Halloween Rehearsal  Mandolin
1988 Trischka, Tony Dust on the Needle  Mandolin
1988 Rounder Banjo Rounder Banjo  Mandolin
1988 Rounder Bluegrass, Vol. Rounder Bluegrass, Vol. 2  Mandolin
1993 Acoustic Disc - 100% Ha Acoustic Disc - 100% Handmade Music
Clarinet, Mandolin, Arranger, Producer
1994 Wretched Refuse String Wretched Refuse String Band  Mandolin
1995 Sahm, Doug Best of Doug's Sahm's Atlantic Sess  Mandolin
1996 American Fogies, Vol. 1 American Fogies, Vol. 1  Mandolin
1996 Rounder Bluegrass Guita Rounder Bluegrass Guitar  Mandolin
1996 Blue Ribbon Fiddle Blue Ribbon Fiddle  Mandolin
1997 Kosek, Kenny Angelwood  Mandolin
1997 Sholle, Jon Out of the Frying Pan  Mandolin
1997 100% Handmade Music, Vo 100% Handmade Music, Vol. 3  Mandolin
1998 Bromberg, David Player: Retrospective  Saxophone
  Amram, David Subway Night  Mandolin
  Conway, Jeff Jeff Conway  Saxophone
  Country Cooking Country Cooking: 26 Instrumentals  Mandolin,
Saxophone
  Rounder Fiddle Rounder Fiddle  Mandolin
  Grisman, David DGQ-20

Bob