RE: Klezmer Bluegrass Fusion

"Songs of my Fathers" is one of my all time favorites as well, as is Andy's
first klezmer album with Zev Feldman, my introduction to klezmer music some
20 years ago. He mostly tends to seperate the genres; his
bluegrass-newgrass recordings are firmly footed in that genre, and his
klezmer recordings, except for the more recent klezmer-jazz fusion, are
rooted in the tradition. The duet album with David Grisman seems to be a
more traditional style recording, with little of either players bluegrass
roots showing through, however, the one notable exception is Kazatski
(track #11) where they trade off bluegrass style leads fast and furious...

Seth Austen

>But they don't play any bluegrass on "Songs of my Fathers"! (That
>doesn't mean it isn't fantastic album. It is one of my favorites. I
>can't think of any more beautiful music than their  Shalom Aleichem.
>However, it's probably the reason that it hasn't shown up in this
>thread.)
>
>Dick Rosenberg

McDuffee's General Store & Recording Co.
Seth Austen & Beverly Woods
3 Pork Hill Rd Ossipee, NH 03864
(603) 539-8301
acoustic (at) landmarknet(dot)net