Re: survey of who is doing what jewish music

Everybody:

Sometime soon, I will tell you all about what I am doing.  For now,
though, I need help -- and fast!  My group, the Chai Folk Ensemble of
Winnipeg, Canada, is presenting its annual concert on Saturday evening,
February 21.  I'm in the process of producing the program, which
typically includes a list of musical credits: lyricists, composers, and
original performers.  As of right now, I lack information on the
following songs:

Debka B'not Hakfar (Israeli)
Kan Badarom (Israeli)
Hey Daroma (Israeli)
The Black Cat (Der Schvartze Katz) (a borscht-belt era tune)
Ayouma (Yemenite)
Achot Lanu K'tana (Yemenite)
Ad Or Haboker (Israeli)
Givat Hatachmoshet (Israeli)
Hora Yisrael (a.k.a. "Im Zeh Tov V'im Zeh Ra") (Israeli)
L'Chayei Ha'am Hazeh (Israeli)
Hamavdil (Ladino)
La Hija De La Vezina (Ladino)
La Bulita Sapateta (Ladino)
7:40 (klezmer)
Baym Rebn In Palestina (klezmer)
Zemer Lach (Israeli)
Bo'u V'Nashir (Israeli)

If I were in Winnipeg, with all my resources around me, I suspect I
could find quite a number of these.  However, I am living in Ottawa and
commuting to work with Chai, and I have not been able to put this
information together.  Time is running out, so I would really appreciate
any help I can get.

I'll look forward to your responses.  Thanks in advance!

Casey Chisick
Artistic Director
Chai Folk Ensemble (Winnipeg, Canada)