survey of who is doing what jewish music

I got a query a couple of days ago from someone new to the list
who was dismayed that there were only posts regarding klezmer
music and wasn't sure if there was anyone here on the list who
was interesting/involved with Cantorial music.

It occurred to me that it might be a nice idea to survey people
on the group and get a sense of the diversity that is (hopefully)
represented here, including both fans or musicians who are also
fans.

I realize that my interests tend to be somewhat limited with
regard to the span of "jewish music" overall, and worry, in turn,
that I am limiting the list because I don't have questions or
comments in areas that I know less.

First off, I am a fan, not a musician. (When I blew a bad blues
harp in Jerusalem 20 years ago, it was bad, not baaaaaad.) I tend
to gravitate towards some Israeli rock and especially the parts
that fuse many musical traditions. (Yehuda Poliker comes to mind,
or the original "Breira Ha-tiv'it). These days, I listen much
more to a zillion forms of klezmer, and, increasingly, new Yiddish
music; occasionally Sephardic music. You can follow the klezmer side
of my explorations at the Klezmer Shack:
   http://www.well.com/user/ari/klez/

Okay, now it's the turn of the person on my left ;-).

ari

Ari Davidow
The klezmer shack: http://www.well.com/user/ari/klez/
owner: jewish-music mailing list