RE: Booking Concerts

On Thu, 23 Oct 1997, Adrian A. Durlester wrote:
> Yes. Get music programs and music appreciation back into the curriculum of
> our
> schools. Require all radio stations to devote some air time each day to
> classical music as part of their license requirement. Quit complaining when
> people wear nose rings, dirty jeans and pink and green hair to concerts.
> Accept
> the reality that this decade is not the time to try something new musically.
> It's not prostitution to stick with the old tried and true.

Perhaps instead of the usual complaint ("This generation....")
you could try scheduling in places where people are interested in
classical music. Like near (or on) Universities. I understand that the U
of Maryland's concert series does quite well. Try being willing to live
with smaller venues. And take a note from people like Kronos Quartet - be
experimental.

Alana

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->