RE: RE: Booking Concerts

> From: durleste (at) plains(dot)NoDak(dot)edu (Adrian A. Durlester)
> Sender:       owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
> To:   jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org (World music from a Jewish slant.)
> On Tuesday, October 21, 1997 8:26, Dan Kazez [SMTP:KAZEZ (at)
> Wittenberg(dot)EDU]
>  wrote:
>
> > Frankly, I find booking concerts in the U.S. to be much
> > harder than Europe.  Anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Yes. <snip>
>  Accept
> the reality that this decade is not the time to try something new musically.
> It's not prostitution to stick with the old tried and true.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it, but if it isn't working you need to try
something else.  Classical orchestras are in trouble everywhere.  For one
thing, they have priced themselves out of the market.

> Maybe in a generation or so we'll have developed a new audience.

Maybe you will, but it isn't very likely unless somebody builds one now.

> Adrian
>
> Adrian A. Durlester  -  durleste (at) plains(dot)nodak(dot)edu
> Production Manager, Festival Concert Hall, North Dakota State University
> Director of Music, Temple Beth El, Fargo ND
> List-Owner for hanashir (at) shamash(dot)org; Co-Owner for L-Torah (at)
> shamash(dot)org
> Alternate Email: aad (at) iname(dot)com  adriand (at) aol(dot)com

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->