Re: Davvening Music

...and another thought. I grew up as a classically trained musician,
listening only to the works of the great masters. The I realized there
was lots more out there. I expanded slowly-first allowing American
musical theatre into my life. Then a little traditional jazz, and finally
popular contemporary. I soon discovered that there is, among all the
schlock out there, a few gems that touch that certain someplace inside
me. I also realized that the majority of classical music is junk too!
Perhaps, because of my personal preferences, more classical music "got to
me" than popular, but there was an awful lot of classical music that,
when I thought about it, really didn't do a thing for me. I find the same
true for liturgical music.

Adrian

durleste (at) plains(dot)NoDak(dot)edu                        Also Available at:
Adrian A. Durlester
Production Manager/TD                   durleste (at) badlands(dot)NoDak(dot)edu
Festival Concert Hall                   Compuserve: 72507,471
North Dakota State University           AOL:AdrianD
PO Box 5691                             USITT/CITT CallBoard:
Fargo, ND 58105                         adurlest (at) acs(dot)ucalgary(dot)ca

PHONE: (701) 231-7308     FAX: 701.231.2085
                           or  701.231.8043

"Lo alecha hamlecha ligmor v'lo ata ben chorin l'hivatel mimena"
"It is not your job to complete the task, neither are you free
 to refrain from beginning it." (Pirkei Avot)

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->