Re: Debbie Friendman in New Orleans (fwd)a question

Dear Bruce.

Thank you for this response.  I just posted something similar to it in
response to Adrian's comment.

Henrique Ozur Bass                      Jewish Theological Seminary of America
Cantorial Student                       21 Pilgrim Lane
hebass (at) JTSA(dot)EDU                        Westbury, NY 11

On Fri, 16 Dec 1994, Bruce Shewitz wrote:

> I entirely agree with you that Debbie Friedman's music has little,
> if any, place in most Jewish worship services. PERHAPS at a
> family shabbat or a religious school service.

> Her style is enjoyable, but does not come anywhere near the ex-
> pressive or emotive breadth of the prayer texts. In my opinion,
> her music is mostly "feel good, warm fuzzy," and I don't
> think that's what Jewish worship is about.

> Bruce

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->