Re: Israeli music

> What made you decide on Hatikvah over HaTaklit? It always seemed to me that
> HaTaklit had a better selection than Hatikvah.

I needed to find a good mail-order store for Israeli music and people
in SCJ recommended Hatikvah (I've never been to the store). I had been
trying to find one in Chicago, but most "Judaica" stores carry a very
small selection and they only have compilations (e.g.: "30 (or is it
50?) songs for Eyal") or only the most popular ones (e.g.: Ophrah
Haza). Besides, they are usually priced around $11 or higher.

In fact, I found out later that some of the Chicago stores order their
records from Hatikvah and other stores in LA and they simply add a
charge.

> You mentioned that you like Yehuda Poliker: do you have his latest
> record? Do you like it? I was considering getting it.

Funny that you ask, I got his latest record about 3 weeks ago. It is
completely different from "Hurts but Less". All but one of the songs
is instrumental and I would say that the songs are "jazzy" with his
brand of greek-mediterranean flavor (like the instrumental song in
"Hurts but Less"). I liked it

> Do you do Israeli folk dancing in Chicago?

We did when my wife was working in one of the summer camps. Lately,
however, we only dance around our 3 kids to keep them from killing
each other!.

Regards,

I. Arieh Cimet

Motorola - Shared Systems Infrastructure
1303 E. Algonquin Rd. - IL01/Tower Annex 2nd Floor, Schaumburg, IL 60196
Ph: (708)576-4565       Fax: (708)576-6150      e-mail: cimet (at)
comm(dot)mot(dot)com

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->