Re: Kol Isha - Just the Facts, please!

Yeah, I remember you mentioning this. Well, there are a lot of elements to
this discussion. Maybe they know they can't have you sing per se, but they
know that you are a capable bandleader who knows how to take good care of
your clients. If we key in onwhether there should be Kol Isha halachos at
all, instead of dealing with each persons needs based on their well founded
religioujs convictions, you miss out on the opportunity to provide music for
a private affair which will make profit for you, and which will enhance your
reputation as a good businesswoman. Note carefully that I absolutely insist
on drawing a distinction between playing at private parties and the right to
be treated fairly at a public concert.

Jordan