Re: Ma Yofus - Yoshke

I was glancing through some of my old sheet music and found "Der Rabi hot
geheisen freilich sein", words and music by Avrom Goldfaden (copyright
1912), who wrote a lot of music we have separated the composer from.  :-)
 It is the melody we are talking about and it also has lyrics (copied
directly from the music in the old style transliteration:

Der Rebe hot geheisen freilach sein
Trinken wein
Der Rebe hot geheisen freilach sein
Trinken wein
Inser rebe Eliweilach hot geheisen sein--freilach
Wus der Rebe heist ins tin--dus darfen mir ale tin

Lorele

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->