Re: Ma Yofus - Yoshke

Actually, I first learned it as "Lustig Zein".

Though I'd be interested in what more authoritative people on this list might
say, I will offer that the subject of "real" names for older klezmer tunes may
be dicey, as many (or most?) of these tunes didn't have names in the old
country. In the recording age, names were often attached to tunes so that they
could be quickly and easily identified.

-Andy Rubin
Sacramento, CA