Re: mikis theodorakis

I beg to differ.

While this thread is about jews and is about a musician, it is not, at its core,
about jewish music.  As such, this very interesting, important and valid
conversation belongs elsewhere.

People who join this list do so out of a shared interest in jewish music and
when
the list gets hijacked for other topics, the requests to be unsubscribed
increase,
people often get positional and even abusive, and it lowers the tone and value
of
the list.

I really can understand that people want to share their views and inform us
about
other jewish issues, or other music issues, but its simply not in the spirit of
the list to do so.

Ari is the "owner" of this list and he, and the other listers ought to be
respected.  If you want to start/own a list which discources on social and
political events and their impact on jewish life and culture, I'm sure you'll
get
many willing participants.... who'd be bored by postings about recommendations
for
song books, the structure of klezmer scales, quarter-tones in cantorial music
and
notices of up-coming gigs.

And when you see this list drifting into discource which is the domain of your
list, you could encourage the list to take the conversation to your list...
doing
this list a favour and promoting powerful discussions in political, social and
cultural issues at the same time.

--
Regards,

Lionel Mrocki

Visit <<http://www.klezmania.com.au>> for the latest information on
KLEZMANIA;  Performance dates, Sound files, Photos and more.

Visit <<http://members.optushome.com.au/amrocks/karenlionel.html>>
to see our family.