Re: Kol Isha/Miriam's Song/Wagner

----- Original Message -----
From: "avi finegold" <afinegold (at) yahoo(dot)com>
To: "World music from a Jewish slant" <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2003 12:38 PM
Subject: Re: Kol Isha/Miriam's Song/Wagner

> --- Marvin Margoshes <physchem (at) cloud9(dot)net> wrote:
> >> I have a simple, personal solution.  I do not like
> > Wagner's music, and it
> > has nothing to do with his antisemitism.
> >

> see, i used to be like that and it was never a
> problem, but i recently acquired some gould piano
> transcriptions of wagner and im beginning to see
> glimmers of genius
>

> avi
My most recent exposure was at a NY Philharmonic concert where a fat lady
sang a love song about her dying hero, from a Wagner opera.  The supertitles
only made it worse (when the gadget worked at all) by showing that the
lyrics were as ludicrous as the singer.  (I don't mean her voice.  I mean
her appearance as a love image.)