Re: Kol Isha/Miriam's Song

Thank you, once again, Ari, for your good sense and good advice.  As the
instigator of this year's KI debate, I'd like to say that I find it
fascinating that this subject gets more responses per day than any other
that is ever posted about.  It has also not changed a single
participant's view on the subject, as far as I can tell, but what it
does is raise consciousness about it, provide support and sometimes some
very good advice on how to deal with it in the future, and to prepare
onesself for the inevitability of its happening yet again.

I have spoken with my rabbi about this issue and he and I are going to
sit down and have a talk about what I can do about it.

The offending gig was last night, and I have yet to hear any reports
about it, but will let you know if there was anything interesting.  I am
doubting there was or I assume I would have heard about it.

I assure you I am not done with this issue, and neither are many from
this list, and I am, unfortunately, sure it will come up again on this
list.  As Ari says, if it does and you don't care to talk about it just
don't open the mail, just as the men who would have been offended by my
singing should have done what they needed to in order to avoid my singing.

I am grateful for this community, and that we can still hold meaningful
and important discussions even though we often disagree.

That said, anybody care to respond to my postings about Molly Picon or
the request for song lyrics?

mit frayndshaft,
Lorele

--
You can now hear Lori's new CD, Songs My Bubbe Should Have Taught Me; Vol.1:
Passover, at: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/lcahan Only $15 & postage. Email me for