pas d'espan

Funny that Pas d'espan comes up as I've been busy working that dance out with
Marianne Taylor who has been teaching it for many years(we correspond by e-mail
and video as we are nowhere near each other geographically).  I sent her the
Tarras recording and she says it's quite different than the Pas D'espan she
uses.  Just wondering if the Tarras version is one particularly favoured by
Jews or if Jews played a whole variety of these melodies.  I know many
different melodies must exist for Pas d'espan.

Helen
Helen Winkler
winklerh (at) hotmail(dot)com
Helen's Yiddish Dance Page