Re: klezmer photo in Yiddish-Polish journal

>On the Yiddish-side cover of the bilingual Yiddish-Polish journal
>"Dos yidishe vort/ Slowo zydowske", August 9-23, 2002, there is a
>photo from the Krakow jewish music festival 2002, taken by A.
>Kowalska. it is a jam session in someone's home and i recognize,
>from left to right: David Krakauer, Sophie Solomon, Steven Greenman,
>Michael Alpert. (That's one clarinet and 3 violins) - itzik gottesman

It probably was taken at the Klezmer duets/jam sessions that were
held nightly, not in a private home, but in the dining room of the
Klezmer Hois restaurant/hotel. The last night was particularly
extraordinary. I have a lot of photos from the same session.

Ruth Gruber
--

Ruth Ellen Gruber

     author of:

Virtually Jewish: Reinventing Jewish Culture in Europe
University of California Press

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0520213637/qid=1006895521/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_5_1/104-5382249-9663107