Re: Musician in need of song credits

I'm posting this reply publicly (and copying Jan) cuz it may interest members.

The Rudy Tepel Orchestra did a two LP set of Songs of the Bobover Chassidim
decasdes ago, recently re-released on CD by TS Enterprises, N. Hollywood,
CA. Since the liner notes for these CDs DO credit composers, you may wish
to obtain them and see if any of the songs are your "March.".

Plan B: Velvel Pasternak is credited as the director of the Chassidic
Chorus on the recordings, and so you might check with him at Tara Music.

Good luck, and kal ha'kavod to you for trying to credit the creators, as
opposed to taking the easy way out ("anonymous" already has enough songs to
his/her credit...)

Best,

Joel

At 02:59 PM 10/10/2002 +0000, you wrote:
>I received the following off list..if anyone can help, please respond
>to Jan offlist at lighthouse (at) pandora(dot)be thanks...elliott
>

>  Do you have a Tikva LP with the songs:
> > >
> > > Bobover March
> > > Modzitzer nigun
> > > Bobover nigun
> > > Modzitzer March
> > > Ketzad Merakdin
> > > Lubavitcher Dance
> > > Uforatzo
> > > Modzitzer march
> > > Od yishono
> > > Nigun rikud
> > > Lubavitcher nigun
> > > Skulener nigun
> > >
> > > and if you do, does the recording mention any reference to the
> >authorship
> > > of the songs,
> > > the Bobover March in particular?
> > > I am planning on recording a version of this march and I would like
> >to mention
> > > the correct credits.
> > >
> > > Many thanks in advance
> > >
> > > Jan Landau

Joel Bresler
250 E. Emerson Rd.
Lexington, MA 02420 USA

Home Office:    781-862-4104
FAX:            781-862-0498
Email:          joel(dot)br (at) verizon(dot)net