Jewish themes in Offenbach

We have been approached by Ed Eisen with the following request. Can anyone
think of anything

Dear Jewish Music Institute,
I have been collecting recordings of Jewish Music for some time.  I have a
decent collection of the music of Isreali composers for Ben-Haim to Leef and
Oram Schapira with all the guys in between like Seter, Sharif, Orgad,
Ehrlich and others.  I also have collected the entartete series as issued by
EMI.. Goldscmidt, Sculoff, Brautenfels (Jewish by the same standard that
made Mendelsohn a 'Jewish' composer) Zemlinsky, Dessau (including his
Haggudah).
I am launching a course concerning Jewish Music next month and I have been
looking for something - maybe you can help me out.  In the 19th century,
Jews after the Haskalah were moving into the mainstream Mayerbeer and Halevy
and maybe Mendelsohn and others.  I have been looking for examples of Jewish
music in the works that they produced.  I have fouun 'Kol Nidrei' in the
adagio section of Beethoven String Quartet No. 14, op. 133 and Jewish themes
in the K364 of Mozart.  I am looking for what would be Jewish citations in
the music of Offenbach who was the son of Cantor Herbst of Offenbach,
Germany.. Are there any citations in the music of Offenbach that you know
of?  Thank you   ed eisen

Geraldine

Jewish Music Institute

---