Re: klezmer photo in Yiddish-Polish journal

> photo from the Krakow jewish music festival 2002, taken by A.
> Kowalska. it is a jam session in someone's home and i recognize, from
> left to right: David Krakauer, Sophie Solomon, Steven Greenman,
> Michael Alpert

That must be the last of Alan Bern's four "Free Klezmer Duo" sessions in the
Klezmer Hois (which looks pretty much like someone's living room). The idea
was having not more than two musicians at a time constructing a constantly
changing music flow. There were three of these sessions planned. Due to the
great success a fourth was set up the night before the final concert. It
finally emerged into a pretty lose and amazing session. People were standing
with their cell phones to have their friends listen... If my memory serves
me correctly, the complete line-up of musicians that night was Alan Bern,
Frank London, Paul Brody, Dave Krakauer, Christian Dawid, Michael Alpert,
Steve Greenman, Lisa Gutkin, Sophie Solomon, Sanne Möricke, Jaroslaw Bester,
Mark Rubin plus cantor Benzion Miller.

Christian Dawid