Re: Weirdest Yiddish Recordings

> Also anything by Country Joe and the Gefilte Fish. A Miami based band over 80
> year olds who are very good and very funny. My personal fave; My Baby's Like
> a Matzoh Ball.

Wow! If that Gefilte Joe is better than "Walk on the Kosher Side," I gotta hear
it.

There were a couple of Rhino compilations back in the LP days that had
wonderful Jewish shtick that wasn't necessarily Yiddish. Each of the ones I
heard included Gefilte Joe. One included something called "Be true to your
shul", etc.

ari

Ari Davidow
ari (at) ivritype(dot)com
list owner, jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
the klezmer shack: http://www.klezmershack.com/