RE: yiddish language decline?

Tell that to my neighbours in Cote St Luc, a suburb of Montreal, with the
largest per-capita population of Jews in North America.

Montreal is a hive of Yiddish and Yiddishkeit, with a thriving Yiddish
theatre and active Yiddish culture.  I learned Yiddish, not so much from my
parents, but from my friends and neighbours.  My "gang" in high-school spoke
Yiddish, and used Yiddish xpressions frequently. And this was a secular,
public high-school!

In fact,  today, it's actively being taught at one Jewish high-school,  in
Montreal:  "Yiddish at Bialik"
http://www.bialik.netaxis.qc.ca/yiddish/yiddish.htm
Gib a keek.

Ed Sieb