Re: Chassidic dance sets?

Dearest Lori,

One would think your clients have been lurking on this list and
have discovered that they are subsidising your indulgence in your
art and have decided that those who pay the piper call the tune!

There is the argument that the traditional jewish musician (aka
klezmer, kapelye etc) in days of old in Eastern Europe played for
all sorts of audiences, jewish and non-jewish alike. To survive,
he learned and played Kolomeykes, Polkas, and many other
non-jewish dances and musical forms.

So maybe, unless we play Dancing Queen at our host's request, we
aren't really klezmer!

(Mind you, you should've heard our impromptu attempt at "Stairway
to Heaven" on double bass, accordion and one screaming vocal who
switched to clarinet for a wailing klezmerised version of the
guitar solo!)

Like the bass player said many years ago  "I'm a whore, if
they're paying, I'll play anything!"

--
Regards,

Lionel Mrocki and Karen Amos

Visit <<http://www.klezmania.com.au>> for the latest information
on
KLEZMANIA;  Performance dates, Sound files, Photos and more.

Visit
<<http://members.optushome.com.au/amrocks/karenlionel.html>>
to see our family.