Re: Dreydl

The Yiddish "Ikh bin a kleyner dreydl" was first - im almost certain.
In the yiddish lyrics the dreydl is made out of lead (the older
tradition), and in english, out of clay. Mikhl Gelbart was the
composer Samuel S.Grossman was the writer according to the Freedman
Collection's database on line. It is a little confusing in that
listing, but all the earlier recordings (in this case early 60s)
credit Gelbart. I don't remember hearing the English version to the
late 60s or 70s and we were singing the Yiddish before then.Gelbart
died in1966.

?ÝItzik Gottesman

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->