Re: what's the size of your klez?

Dear folks,
this is partly in reply to Klezmaniac's Lionel Mrocki as it is
about Australian Klezmer. For the last 2 years our national
Woodford Folk Festival in Queensland has allowed us to
stage the The Klezmer Fantazma Orcheztra with 19 & 20
members. We've also performed in smaller numbers at
other events.
We have a 5 piece band KaOZ Klezmer which forms the
basis of the larger group. KaOZ are recording a concert for
a CD on September the 15th, and an 11 piece version of
the Orcheztra will be concluding that event.
Are there recordings (other than Klezmer Conservatory) &
arrangements for large ensmebles available? I've done
several of my own & intend to post these on our soon to be
established web site.
Pietro

Lionel Mrocki & Karen Amos wrote:<br>><br>>> Lori
Cleveland Workmen's Circle<br>>> > Klezmer Orchestra
......  I'm wondering if<br>>> > we are the largest ongoing
klezmer group in the world, not counting<br>>> > those that
might get together for events like Klezcamp.<br>>>
say with great, positive<br>>> authourity, and without a
shadow of doubt, that though we've got four states<br>>>
and one territory which are bigger than Texas, we aint got
one klezmer group<br>>> bigger than yours in all of
Although mine is bigger than yours I won't hold<br>>it
against you.  ;-)  I spent 5 weeks in Australia many years
ago and LOVED it.<br>>Wish I could return someday.
Mossman's Bay is where I mostly stayed, by<br>>Sydney.
<<http://www.klezmania.com.au>> for the latest information
on<br>>> KLEZMANIA;  Performance dates, Sound files,
jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->