Re: Kol Isha becomes a reality

Dear Shirona,
thanks so much for bringing up this issue. I never quite understood the basis
of this problem when my CD was rejected unheard by some Jewish radio stations,
until you started the whole emotional and so educational conversation some
weeks ago. For the first time, I am in the midst of a similar controversy
regarding live performance: I am in charge of organizing music (3 or 4 world
music ensembles, 1 of these Jewish, my group, I thought) for an international
annual meeting of certain professionals, to take place at Four Seasons in
Toronto. Many of the one thousand or so attendees will be women. Most will not
be Jewish. Yet, my own performance with my colleagues is in question because 4
of the local professionals are orthodox. This is just to say, I know how you
feel.  They should pay you anyways. Hope you find a better gig soon.
 Lenka Lichtenberg
www.lenkalichtenberg.com

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->