Re: Announcement

On Sun, 28 Jan 2001 00:25:39 EST, you wrote:

>It is a shame that so many bands in the NYC area, especially the lesser known
>ones, are unable or unwilling to perform too far away from their home base.
>I'm not picking on them, it's just a fact that there  probably are more bands
>in NYC than anywhere else so we will hear more about their "local gigs".
>Hey, if the Toronto, Cleveland or Boston or anywhere else bands want to
>announce their local performances, I assume nobody would object.

Yeah, people in New York think everything that exists in the universe happens
in New York, or should. And if it doesn't, what's the point? It's interesting
to see the effects of this attitude on people from outside New York. You should
have seen the reverence on the faces of some of my fellow teenage CAJEniks from
Utah when I, in passing, mentioned The City.

Not to mention how sorry everyone feels for me when I say where I live...

Yakov.
Trombonist, "Kap'n Klezmer and the Klez Kadets"
http://www.kobyland.com
now with klezmer reviews!

"So the music will go off automatically when I turn off the computer, right?"
-mom