RE: Gigs in Cleveland

Surely its not the bands' fault that there are not gigs in Cleveland.  Why does
someone
from Cleveland (or anywhere else) not pick up a phone and invite a band of
their choice.
Of course they would have to provide the venue, the publicity and a fee. There
are
plenty of organizations, synagogues, the wonderful JCCs across your country
(that we
don't have in the UK) that would do themselves a big favor emotionally,
communally and
financially if they would do that and a good time would be had by all.  Ari's
Klezmer
Shack provides contacts for hundreds of bands.

By the way, I am organizing a little UK tour for the fabulous duo, 'Klezmer en
Buenos
Aires' in March this year.   If any UK list members want to invite them to
their center
or can help organize something between 26 March and 2 April 2001 (or in France
after 4
April), please contact me.

Klezmer en Buenos Aires

Cesar Lerner, (piano, accordion, percussion) Marcelo Moguilevsky, (clarinet,
saxophone
flutes, and vocals)
Outstanding musicianship and humorous personality make this one of the world's
top
ensembles, reviving the music of their Jewish grandparents and bringing Klezmer
to life
from the country of the Tango. Both performers are well-known composers and
performers
in Argentina with numerous film, theatre and TV scores to their credit.
They have appeared to tremendous acclaim at home and at world music festivals.
In 1998
the Klezmer duo gave more than 100 concerts for both the Jewish community and
the wider
public.  They were heard by more than 10,000 people, at the most prestigious
theatres of
Buenos Aires, performing the music on Basavilbaso, the title of their second
album,
(named after the place where Jewish immigrants first lived in Argentina). In
September
1999, they performed at the Ashkenaz festival in Toronto, where they were
considered
"revelation group" amongst 175 artists from all countries and also performed at
Tonic,
in New York. In the year 2000, Lerner & Moguilevsky played in Festivals in
Chemnitz,
Berlin, and France as well as appearing at the 10th International Jewish Music
Festival
in London, and at the renowned Knitting Factory of New York.

25 Sunday March Manchester, Royal Northern College of Music
26 Monday
27 Tuesday
28 Wed          London, The Spitz
29 Thursday
30 Friday
31 Saturday
1  Sunday
2 Monday
3 April Tuesday         Brighton, Komedia Theatre