Announcement

Hello,

Just thought I'd like to let everyone know that I am honored to be part
of the University of Judaism's 2002 Subscription Series in Los Angeles.
I will be performing my original compositions with a 21-piece ensemble
as follows:

                Jack Bielan and Friends

            Saturday evening, January 5
            Sunday afternoon, January 6 - sold out
            Sunday evening, January 6
            Tuesday evening, January 8

The instrumentation will be four-piece rhythm section, five horns, two
violins, viola and cello, and eight wonderful vocalists - including the
incredible Cantor Ron Li-Paz and his equally talented wife, Bronwen.

We'll be doing a repertoire of my original Jewish compositions, as well
as secular compositions from my new CD which will hopefully make its
debut that weekend,   We'll also be including music from another
forthcoming CD, "A Shabbat Service With Gospel Music" which we're
recording live in L.A. in February with the combined choirs of Valley
Outreach Synagogue in Los Angeles and the Unity Choir of First A.M.E.
Church.

In addition, we'll also be doing some tunes on whose recordings I was
fortunate enough to contribute - including "Steamroller Blues" by James
Taylor and... <gulp>.."Incense And Peppermints" by the dreaded
Strawberry Alarm Clock (probably too long ago for most of you to
remember... if so, just think "opening sequence in the disco of the
first "Austin Powers" movie....)

If you're in town, I'd love to see you there.  Extra added incentive:
we'll even be doing a new klesmer composition titled "Frailach #36 -
Twice Chai"

Thanks very much.

Jack Bielan

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->