Re: OT: other cool world music?

It occurred to me (as I was, today, transferring my CD collection from jewel
cases to 48-CD "notebooks") that I have a little to contribute to this
discussion also.

CHEB MAMI - "MELI MELI": Very interesting fusion of Egyptian music and
hip-hop/funk from a French guy. Some songs sound more traditional and others
are straight-out rap. Rap is a lot more fun to listen to when you don't know
what they're saying :) Also there are some weird time-signatures floating
around, very cool, recommended

"CUBA WITHOUT BORDERS" (Six Degrees): *Awesome* Latin party music. Latin and
latin jazz. Awesome awesome awesome.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004W1GM for a track listing with
artist

seeya!

Yakov.
Trombonist, "Kap'n Klezmer and the Klez Kadets"
http://www.kobyland.com
now with klezmer reviews!