OT: other cool world music?

Friends, neighbors and cousins:
I've kind of come up against a wall with my music. I have a bunch of jazz
(mostly swing or ska -- i'm not really into anything after the 70's unless it's
in an older style), klezmer, rock, and a category that can be called
"weird-a**" (David Byrne, Beck, Oingo Boingo [Danny Elfman]). And I could go on
buying stuff from those genres, except I feel like I need something new.

So, I know most people here are world music mavens -- what would you suggest?
Something cool from someplace I wouldn't think to ask about? Let's not even
stick to Europe -- who's playing traditional African music? What kind of stuff
were the Australian natives into? Anything!

Any kind of suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Yakov
http://www.kobyland.com
KOBYLAND -- We care.