lp 2 cd (was re: June Tabor)

Seth Rogovoy wrote:

> how difficult is it for someone technically inept to hook up a turntable to
> a CD burner? does this involve lots of additional hardware and software
> besides what's already installed if you have a working burner?

I do it all the time.  If you mean you've got a CD burner and
software to run it on a PC, you just need to run the pre-amp output
inot the soundcard's line in.  There's an EXCELLENT piece of
almost freeware that handles recording and breaking a side up
into individual files called CDWav at
http://www.crosswinds.net/~cdwave/ (basically, if he likes it, you mail
him  a ten dollar bill).

If you mean a standalone burner, I have no expenerience, but again,
no different that coming from cassette or any other external source.