Re: Devices for half speed listening

Many members--Lori Cahan-Simon , Monika Feil ,Melissa Miller, David Owens,
Susan Hatlevig, Ed Seib, Brian Dichter, Winston Weilheimer etc --
have submitted  comments about using Cool Edit and  Sound Forge to digitize
music and copy tapes and records to makes CD's. It would be great if we
could share our experiences and know-how.
I have found that correcting the DC offset and normalizing the volume work
fine. I also have a small nice program to convert the wav into mp3 files. I
want to put about 200 of my Israeli Dance songs on one CD.
However none of the  things I tried in the Cool Edit and Sound Forge
software was successful  in eliminating the record and tape hiss. I tried ,
noise gate, and paragraphic equalizer. The paragraphic equalizer has
different options, eg, Hiss cut , remove rumble, 60 Hz hum notch .
HAS ANYONE FOUND A SOLUTION THAT REMOVES THE HISS?
        Elliott
        elllllllll