nusach this week

We will hear The Koenigsberg Tradition with Cantor Naftali Herstik and the
Renat Choir, a wonderful presentation of High Holiday Music, and also
another presentation of Selichot by Cantor Moshe Stern and Choir.  The
Selichot service presentation is a two CD set and we will hear all of it.  I
will add another Cd or two later in the week and rotate out the Selichot
service with Cantor Attila so make sure that you get to listen to it if you
have not.  It is also available this week on Shalom America and will play
Tuesday and Thursday at 11am and 10pm (eastern times).  Since Selichot is
this Saturday night, I will rotate Cantor Moshe Stern's Selichot Service on
Sunday, which will make room for more music to be added.

As I have stated on Shalom America this week we feature the Selichot
service of Cantor Adolphe Attila.  It is a wonderful presentation of the
Nusach of Selichot giving hints of the Rosh Hashanah nusach.  This
recording is also a great example of the function of the cantor, being a
sheliach Tzibur.  We can feel the emotional atmosphere rising in the
congregation as the Cantor inspires them to prayer.  Before the service,
we hear Cantor Aaron Shifman singing Hanishamah Loch from the Selichot
service, and we conclude the program with Cantor Eric Moses and Choir
singing Ase L'Ma An Shemecha, and the Chasidishe Kaddish.

For a play list and links to the show, please see our web page at:

http://sites.netscape.net/nusachmaven

have a good week

Winston Weilheimer
Host