Re: 78rpms to CD - Reality.

There are many reasons you would want to listen to what you recorded
before burning to CD - apart from microphone interference, there could
be any number of recording glitches and artifacts.  You may also find
that you need to adjust levels for individual source items to ensure
that you don't saturate the analog to digital converters, but use as
much of the available dynamic range as possible.  I would say that
listening carefully to everything you record before burning it is an
essential part of the process.

This is a time consuming process, so be sure you have the time to devote
to getting it right.

<j>

Jonathan Delatizky
BBN Technologies