Re: Klezmer music preservation

Hi. Sorry to post again but I'm transitioning my lists to another email
address and I wanted to add to my original post.

Would anyone care to comment on the intellectual property issues involved in
copying out-of-print, unavailable recordings such as really old 78s, etc.
Obviously, and thanks to a lot of friendly responses, there are several of
these recordings available commercially and I would certainly avoid
duplicating these since they can be purchased from several sources but
there's so much more that is not widely available and difficult to find.

So, what I would like to do is clean up some of these original recordings
and burn CD-Rs that I would make available to anyone else who is interested
for no more cost than the blank CD ($1.00-$1.50) and postage. But, before
doing this I would like to receive any opinions about doing this. My main
concern is to preserve these precious recordings and to make them available
to others but with respect to any intellectual property issues of which I'm
not terribly knowledgeable.

Thanks again for your valuable feedback. 8)
brian
--
"Many candles can be kindled from one candle without diminishing it."
--Talmud