Re: Klezmer music preservation

In a message dated 4/5/00 5:35:09 PM, bdicht1 (at) uic(dot)edu writes:

<<  I am doing further research to locate recordings available locally
(Chicagoland) but I wonder if anyone knows of any ongoing efforts to
re-release more of these original recordings. >>

Kurt Bjorling ( Muziker (at) aol(dot)com) lives about 2 blocks North of
Chicago, in
Evanston. He has a great collection of early klezmer recordings.

He also produces 'resource tapes' which are cassettes with old
recordings,somewhat cleaned up, organized around a particular instrument,
musician, etc.

He has looked into the copyright issues somewhat, you could ask him about
that, too.

I probably shouldn't give his phone # here, but you are welcome to call me at
847-328-1773 (Evanston).

Josh Huppert