Re: john zorn's camo pants?

At 12:54 AM 4/5/00 +0200, you wrote:

>Sorry, I'm not a proctologist, but I've never seen John Zorn live.
>How does a camo pant look like?
>Michal

Camo pants would be "camoflague pants"--those casual green or mottled green
pants that one picks up in this country at military surplus shops. The couple
of times I've seen him, tzitzis have been stylishly arranged to hang out, as
well. I'm not unsympathetic to the idea of important ritual items used for
artistic effect, but it is sometimes unsettling. (I presume style vs. religious
feeling because I don't recall him wearing either kippah, or other head
covering.)

ari

Ari Davidow
ari (at) ivritype(dot)com
list owner, jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
the klezmer shack: http://www.klezmershack.com/