RE: oops

Reyzl:
For myself, I use the "filter" method on Eudora presently, which cuts down
on, but doesn't totally prevent, mistakes.

So --I have all "listserv" type mail filtered into a special folder I
create just for that mailing list. Since I know I'm looking at _that_
folder just for that specific group, I know a "reply" will go to the whole
list when using "reply". I never use "reply" to answer to any individual
(from a list), or I "copy and paste" _first_ their address into a "new
message". It's a bit clumsy,-- and one doesn't always remember,-- but it
cuts down on the confusion of where you are and when. (Hope this helps).
The other possible suggestion is to use the menu instead of the icons. That
also may cut down on confusion.
Judy

At 10:25 AM 1/27/00 -0800, you wrote:
>Just for your, my, and everyone's info:  If I hit "Reply" to this message it
>goes to the list, not to Reyzl (i.e., because she addressed the list;
>wouldn't happen if she wrote me personally)--which is the same thing that
>happens when I hit "Reply All."
>
>This particular "Oops" was kind of charming, as are the responses, but of
>course the solution to this repeated problem, along w/ endless private
>messages clogging the list (and on several occasions leading to HotMail's
>threatening to delete some of my messages) is a *structural* solution,
>re-formating the list so you automatically reply to sender unless you
>*choose* to reply to the list.  But our esteemed moderator won't hear of it,
>I'm afraid.
>

>>From: Reyzl Kalifowicz-Waletzky <reyzl (at) flash(dot)net>
>>To: World music from a Jewish slant <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
>>Subject: RE: oops
>>Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 13:32:28 -0500
>>
>>Advice from someone who has had her own disaster.  Put a large space
>>between the REPLY TO SENDER and the REPLY TO ALL buttons so that you don't
>>accidentally push the wrong button so often.
>>
>>I wish someone would send my husband such messages.   I have been trying to
>>get him to make an order in the basement for the last 6 years and have
>>already torn the hair out of my head who knows how many times.   Can I rent
>>you out Josh for these kinds of reminder chores?  :)
>>

>>Reyzl
>>

>>----------

Judith S. Pinnolis
Reference Librarian,
Coordinator for Publications and Training
Brandeis University Libraries
P.O Box 9110  MS045
415 South Street
Waltham, MA 02454-9110