Re: proprietary of the Yiddish language

----- Message d'origine -----
from Wolf Krakowski
> With some Jews your Yiddish is never good enough ... Many Ashkenazi Jewish
people, in my perception, due to both generational neuroses and collective
trauma have a weird proprietary relationship to the Yiddish language and
it's expression in song. This feeling of almost "owning"  the language is
bound up with cherished childhood memories and of course, with the six
million.  When these people come to  a Yiddish musical event,  they are, of
course, hyper-critical.

Sometimes  -Got zay dank, not all the times!!! - after a concert, I had the
same feeling with sefaradic people about songs in ladino and even with
goyim!
Michel