promiscuous fusionizers

I am still new to the area of klezmer music and have come to it more from a
dance perspective; however, through learning about the music and the culture
that went with it, all I can say is that I truly admire those who under such
horrendous and impoverished living conditions still managed to create
wonderful music and theatre.  The fact that we still are talking about it,
listening to it and going on to develop it further speaks to quality of the
music in the first place.  It seems to me that few people are aware of this
history;  it is truly a legacy to be proud of, one that should be taught in
our schools if it isn?t already part of  the curriculum.
Helen