RE: Israeli Music Today

Hi Dick,

As being the person responsible for adding all those titles - I'd like to say
the following:
This is music manufactured in Israel by Jews and and is being requested by Jews
and much of the lyrics are in Hebrew - that is about the only thing Jewish
about them. Whether or not this is Jewish music is an issue of how you define
that rather nebulous and undefined term - as this list has been grappling with.
People have been asking for more of this music and we are making it available,
the same way that we make available ALL forms of Jewish music even if it does
not satisfy our personal tastes or sensitivities. As a result of our customers
requests we have added the entire backlist of Hed Artzi, NMC and Helicon to our
site over 1,100 titles. We have been pushing the Israeli labels to have us add
audio clips so that the world audience can make intelligent decisions about
what this music is all about. As a result Hed Artzi has started by having us
add the first 5 complete Tracks of 60 of there more popular albums and new
releases in real audio format - these are currently online.

I welcome you to peruse the expanded section and form your own impressions at:
Israeli recordings
http://jewishmusic.com/exec/goto?jmcom/isrecs.htm

Mizrahi recordings
http://jewishmusic.com/exec/goto?jmcom/orrecs.htm