Re: Music of exile

Do you know the Yemenite song Ahavat Hadasa?
It isn't Ashkenazic nor is it actually Sephardic.
It goes like this (tanslated from Hebrew):

Hadasa's love in my heart is bonded
and I am in exile my heartbeats ringing
at dawn and dusk I remember the generous woman (daughter of philanthropists)
my wife and I celebrate in song
if I had permission I'll go up and connect
in the glorified gates of Zion

I have it on a cd.
Sincerely,
Helen Winkler