Re: Reviews for kids and other things

>In a message dated 12/11/98 2:49:55 AM, you wrote:
>
><<
>
>The most recent mass-market productions are:
>
>Festival of Light (mostly not Hanukah) on Six Degrees (CD) (1996)  and
>
>To Life! (not all Hanukah) on Rhino (CD) (1998)
>
>  (anyone heard it?  Just out.)
>

>Humbug!! on this one- don't even carry it.

Agree with Simon. I thought the music on "Festival of Light"
was quite interesting, but offensive (given that several
selections referred to other holidays, and some to nothing
Jewish at all) marketed as a Chanuka recording. Subsequent
correspondence with the publisher amounted to, "yeah, we're
in it for the money. So?"

ari

Ari Davidow
The klezmer shack: http://www.well.com/user/ari/klez/