Re: Adon Olam

Hi Aaron,

You wrote:
>and the service concluded with the Bat-Mitzvah and a friend leading the
congregation >in Adon Olam........sung to the tune of "The Flintsones".
A new low, I thought.

Granted I have never heard the likes of this, but I heard something a few
years ago which broke my heart.  I am a great admirer of Modzitz, and
frequent a Shabbos table where Modzitzer nigunim are sung by people who
learned them from the previous Modzitzer Rebbe himself at his Shabbos
tisch in Williamsburg in the old days.  (I'm especially fond of the "War
and Peace" Mizmor L'Dovid.)

A number of years ago Ben Zion Shenker issued a new tape of "Shabbos in
Modzitz" which I bought in great anticipation, took home to play and
found that - all the nigunim had been orchestrated with a rock/back beat.
 I nearly cried, and I haven't bought a Modzitz tape since.

Rachel Heckert

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->