Re: yiddish music

 Reyzl Kalifowicz-Waletzky  wrote:

>Let's at least get the names correct.
>

>- Vu ahin zol ikh geyn
>- Vu is dos gesele   (I know three different melodies to the same
>        lyrics, so you should know which one you are seeking.)
>- Khasene Waltz?    Khatskele's Waltz?  (I don't know what this refers to
but there is no "chassele waltz".

Reyzl Kalifowicz-Waletzky

>Well I'm sorry if my post has somehow offended you....
I am not a yiddish speaker . I was emailed these names by a friend and  born
yiddish speaker and i mearly pasted them into my own email...
But as i understand ... there different variations on yiddish depending on
where you come from  4 different dialects if I am correct  with variations
on these as well.
It's possible that you speak a different dialect than my friends ....
Nice welcome to a first time poster ..
Debbie

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->