RE: yiddish music

I enjoy the version of "Vi Ahin Zol Ich Gain" (sic) by the Hester Street
Troupe, from their Generation to Generation CD. Their home page is

http://daniel.drew.edu/~jbazewic/hsthp.html

Reyzl,

I think the difference between

>- Vu ahin zol ikh geyn
and

        Vi Ahin Zol Ich Gain (which is the way the Hester Street Troupe spells
it
        and sings it)

is Gallizianer vs. Litvak pronounciation.

Maybe one of you Yiddish scholars can clarify (ikh bin nor an amerikaner
vus ken reden nor a bisl yidish)

Dick

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->